miércoles, 17 de febrero de 2016

All-Clad 99009 Polished Stainless Steel Slow Cooker with Black Ceramic Insert, 6.5-Quart, Silver


I work almost everyday (including Sundays) so this pot has been my life saver (or the dinner saver). My older one was 5qt. cool touch Rival. This All-Clad cooker cooks so much faster than my older one (the inside temperature of All-clad gets 230F in high setting). Ribs and 5 pound chicken done in 4 hours in high. If you want crispy chicken skin, let it cook for 6 hours. I highly recommend this product.

By the way I put small roasting rack when I roast chicken or ribs so that they don't stew in the dripping. Save the dripping broth. Put it in the fridge overnight, and get rid of the fat. And use it in your soup or stew, of course, this cooker can do that job just fine as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated Review: 4/17/2008

I've been using this slow cooker at least twice a week. Time to time I would hear "pop" sound either in the middle or toward the end of the cooking time. I couldn't figure out what was making this sound. One day my husband found cracks on the ceramic insert. They were fine cracks, but the cracks were in inside and outside. I contacted All-Clad. The service rep. told me to send a picture of the cracks. So I did. For several weeks I didn't hear anything from them. So I contacted them again. Apparently they didn't get my email with the pictures. So I sent them again. The next day I got a phone call from All-Clad that they would send me a new insert. It arrived a couple of days ago. I made a most wonderful chicken soup with leftover rottisserie chicken yesterday. I'm starting my love affair with this slow cooker again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update Review: 11/9/2009

I wish I could say that my slow cooker insert is still going strong. Unfortunately it isn't. I really tried to use them (I have gone through 3 inserts) as much as I could - until I could see the leak. I thought of getting a metal insert. However, it costs $200 NOT including shipping and handling. So I got the most modest Rival Slow Cooker: a 7-qt. with a turn dial. I've had it for 7 months. So far no cracks. It boils water quicker than All-Clad even in the low setting, but still no cracks. I had talked to an All-Clad rep about a possible defect in the ceramic insert, but she didn't seem to believe that theory. I wish I could change the rating to 2-star. It could have been 1-star, but I liked All-Clad's customer services.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Comment: FYI the 2nd insert cracked within 2 hours in the high setting and the 3rd insert cracked in the low setting. After that I began to think maybe the inserts were defective. I did not abuse them. I only used as directed: high or low and went through the dishwasher. I'm using my humble and simple Rival cooker in the same way, and so far no cracks. I thought of getting the metal insert for the All-Clad Slow Cooker, but it was too expensive: $200 for the insert, over $50 for the metal lid (required for the metal insert) and $70 shipping and handling. Besides the reviews were not good for their non-stick metal insert. I'm very happy with my humble Rival 7 qt. Slow Cooker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: 6/10/2010
My humble 7-qt Rival slow cooker is still going strong. I've been using it every week, and still no cracks so far. I have made roasts, soups, stews, and casseroles. I haven't made dessert yet. I've seen Sandra Lee "baking" dessert in her white slow cooker. I can't remember if it was Rival or not. But I'll try someday.


All-Clad 99009 6.5-Quart Ceramic Slow Cooker

With a 26-hour programmable timer and quality construction, the All-Clad Ceramic Slow Cooker lets you prepare home-cooked meals on any schedule. This 6.5-quart capacity slow cooker features a sturdy polished stainless steel body with a removable black ceramic insert and glass lid. Warm, low, and high temperature settings offer flexible cooking times. And with a dishwasher-safe insert and lid, this slow cooker is easy to clean and maintain.


Features a sturdy polished stainless steel body with a removable black ceramic insert and glass.
View larger

Prepare meals up to 26 hours ahead of your serving time with this slow cooker's programmable timer.
View larger
Durable Stainless Steel Body

With a sturdy polished stainless steel body, this oval-shaped slow cooker will be a long-lasting addition to your kitchen. Riveted stainless steel handles provide safe transport and easy handling, and non-slip feet keep the cooker steady on the countertop. It measures 18 by 9-1/4 by 12-1/4 inches (H x W x D).

Ceramic Insert for Even Cooking

This slow cooker's black ceramic insert disperses gentle, uniform heat, and the glass lid lets you easily monitor your dish as it cooks. The insert's 6.5-quart capacity is ideal for large meals and big households. Cook richly flavored soups, stews, chilies, and braised meats with less work and easier clean up.

26-Hour Programmable Timer for Busy Schedules

Prepare meals up to 26 hours ahead of your serving time with this slow cooker's programmable timer. The easy-to-use control panel features high, low, and warm temperature settings. The slow cooker automatically switches to warm when the cooking cycle is complete.

Easy to Clean with Dishwasher-Safe Parts

This slow cooker makes meals and cleanup easy. The removable ceramic insert and tempered glass lid are dishwasher safe.


The glass lid and ceramic insert are both dishwasher safe. 
View larger
What's in the Box

Slow cooker with removable ceramic insert and glass lid, instruction manual, and warranty information.


Ceramic Slow Cooker At A Glance:

Durable stainless steel body and ceramic insert
6.5-quart capacity for soups and stews
26-hour programmable timer
Versatile warm, low, and high temperature settings
Tempered glass lid and insert are dishwasher safe


  • Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
  • Oval-shaped 6-1/2-quart slow cooker with integrated control panel
  • 26-hour programmable timer; 3 temperature settings; glass lid
  • Black ceramic inner pot; riveted stainless-steel handles for safe transport
  • Stainless-steel housing; dishwasher-safe parts; recipe booklet included
  • Measures 19-7/8 by 14 by 11-3/8 inches; 1-year limited warranty