sábado, 23 de enero de 2016

Breville BPR700BSS The Fast-Slow Pro Cooker


I purchased this item having no prior pressure cooker experience and not having used a slow cooker for over 15 years. Back in the day I had a very basic crockpot which had used many times. This recent cold winter gave me the desire to expand my cooking capabilities. I definitely wanted something to let me do a slow cooking to make chilli's and other amazing dishes that I could set and forget - but the fact that this item is a dual purpose pressure cooker also interested me.

One of the main selling point for me was the beautiful display that it has - its large, easy to read and displays many pieces of information and being a little bit of a tech nerd I really liked the informative display and the color of the display - it looks cool and isn't a low quality basic count down timer like so many others models have.

The build quality of this product seems very substantial I suspect it will last me for many years the handles on the side are attached securely the dials are very nice the hinge is quality as well. The top lid comes apart very easily for cleaning.

While I have only use this product twice once to make chili and today I'm making beef stew so far I'm very much liking this product I do have a couple other Breville products, a microwave, toaster and food processor and they all have been performing very well over the last year so I would only expect the same from this product.

I hope to use the pressure cooker aspect of this device in the coming weeks to get more familiar with how that works and expand my cooking capabilities so I will update this review at that time related to pressure cooking.

The 6 quart capacity is quite large and will allow you to make dishes for 4 to 7 people easily or as few as one or two people - but it doesn't take up a lot of counter space as you can see in my photos in relation to a toaster and coffee cup.


Saute, sear, slow cook, pressure cook and more with this fast slow cooker Pro from Breville. The exterior is made from durable stainless steel and the removable ceramic bowl makes getting food out simple and mess free. The set includes a steam basket, rack, and a full color recipe book with 41 recipes. Saute and sear onions and meats directly in the cooking bowl and pressure steam vegetables, poultry or seafood in minutes. Layer delicate flavors over many hours for succulent, melt-in-the mouth meals, or achieve the same results in no time when you're under pressure. This is one appliance that does both: tender meat in minutes using pressure or flavor layering up to 8 hours when slow cooking. The pressure cooker uses a small amount of liquid with a sealed lid that retains steam and builds pressure to cook your meal faster than most other methods. The fast slow cooker is easy to use and features touch controls and a clear color changing digital illuminated display. It's easy to assemble and the safety lid is a snap to lock into place and unlock. Knowing the pressure, temperature, and cooking time for different foods, the keep warm function is programmable and the fast slow cooker pro offers hands-free steam release.
12-1/2" L x 13-1/2" W x 14" H, with a 6 quart capacity



  • Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
  • Stainless steel
  • Comes with a steam basket, rack, removable ceramic cooking bowl, and a full color recipe book with 41 recipes
  • Color changing digital illuminated LCD
  • 11 pressure cooking settings
  • Keep warm function