sábado, 23 de enero de 2016

Crock-Pot SCCPVL605-S 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Oval Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel


I bought one of these Crock Pots locally about a month ago. I brought it home and washed the stoneware insert thoroughly, and then made a pot roast with vegetables. It made the house smell great during cooking, and my family commented on how tender the meat was. Unfortunately, everyone noticed a slight "plastic" taste to the food. I was surprised and disappointed since I made sure to thoroughly wash the insert in hot water. I chalked it up to the fact that I was using it for the first time. Well, after six separate meals with thorough washing in between, each and every meal has had this plastic taste to it, no matter what I made. I have to assume that the black paint on the stoneware insert is somehow leeching into the food. I contacted Crock Pot at their website and sent them a message describing my dilemma and they responded by apologizing and offering to send me a new unit, free of charge. Now that is what I call customer service! I haven't received the new unit yet but when I do I will wash it and then make another meal and cross my fingers that the food doesn't taste like plastic. As an aside, my friend has the exact same model purchased a few weeks before mine and he has had no problems with his. I will update this review after I cook my first meal in the replacement unit once it arrives.

Edit: I received my new Crock Pot a few days after I wrote the above review. I washed it thoroughly and made another pot roast with vegetables the following day. This one cooks perfectly and with no plastic taste. The embossed lettering on the bottom of the new stoneware insert is stamped nice and clear. On the old one the letters were sort of unclear like there wasn't enough pressure during the stamping process. Maybe there was a manufacturing issue that caused the old one to leech that plastic taste into the food. Whatever the reason, this one is perfect and I am very satisfied with this product and truly impressed with Crock Pot's customer service.


The Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker keeps up with your busy, on-the-go lifestyle. The Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker does the thinking so you don’t have to. Simply set the cooking time on “High” for 4 or 6 hours or on “Low” for 8 or 10 hours and go about your day. And, there’s no need to worry when you’re running a few minutes late. After the pre-selected cooking time is complete, your Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker will automatically shift to the “Warm” setting, preserving the flavor of your meal and ensuring your meal is ready to enjoy when you are. No matter the recipe or the occasion, your Crock-Pot slow cooker keeps the temperature steady so your food is cooked to perfection, full of flavor and delicious. The secure-fitting lid and locking system create a tight seal between the stoneware and lid to ensure that up to 6-quarts of your secret recipe can go where you go with no hassle and no mess. Your car interior remains clean on the ride to your best friend’s house, company picnic or family reunion. The Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Programmable Slow cooker is just as at home in the kitchen as it is on the road. With a stylish, stainless finish and convenient lid locks that nestle neatly in with the lid, your countertop is sure to look sleek and clean. The stoneware transfers easily from the stainless steel frame to the table or refrigerator. And both the stoneware and the glass lid are dishwasher-safe, making clean up simple. Crock-Pot Slow Cookers make cooking easy, but the Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker makes it easy to get your dish from here to there.


  • Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
  • 6-quart capacity is perfect for 7 or more people or a 6-pound roast
  • Easy-to-use locking lid featuring lid gasket provides extra seal for less mess on-the-go
  • Easy-to-use programmable controls with pre-set cook times & settings
  • Shifts to warm setting automatically once the cook time is complete
  • Removable oval stoneware that is also stylish for your table