sábado, 23 de enero de 2016

West Bend 84905 5-Quart Oblong-Shaped Slow Cooker


This is the best small appliance I have ever had. I have had it 20 years or so. I cook everything in it: pot roasts, pork roasts, stew, pulled pork, beans, etc. I have purchased about 8 of them over the years for wedding gifts, college graduation gifts, Xmas, etc.

There are two main reasons I love this so much. One is the versitility of the heat control. I hate crockpots because all you get is low and high! Give me a break, who cooks like that?? These have settings from 1-5, almost as many as a stove burner. I can brown my stew or roast on 5 then turn it down to 3 or halfway between 3 & 4 or 4 depending on how long I want to be away from the house or want it to cook. The base doubles as a griddle by itself. Takes up very little counter and storage space. The pot goes into the oven or on the stove if you need or want it to. The pot and lid go into the dishwasher, although I ususally just give a quick wash with hot soapy water and wipe off the base. The other reason I love it is it is small and lightweight. No heavy monster crockpots to handle, try to lift full of food and then try and wash!

I have the older model of this cooker that is 6 quarts. At the time I purchased it you had the choice of 4 or 6 qt size. After 20 years I need to replace it, although it still works perfectly, the teflon pot lining is scratched and the teflon coating on the base(griddle) is flaking. But after 20 years of using it 3-5 times a week, its certainly held up wonderfully. I am now purchasing two more, one for me and one as a wedding gift! My only regret is that they no longer make the 6 quart in this model, only the 5 qt. I would recommend it without question!! Enjoy!


The West Bend 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker makes homemade meals a snap. Just add the ingredients, select a temperature, and return to a delicious, ready-to-serve meal.


  • Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
  • Oblong-shaped slow cooker with adjustable temperature control
  • Generous 5-quart capacity for entertaining or dinner with the family
  • Oven-, range-top-, and freezer-safe cooking pot; glass lid included
  • Heating base doubles as a nonstick mini griddle; dishwasher-safe parts
  • Measures 7-1/4 by 12-3/4 by 8-3/4 inches; 1-year limited warranty