miércoles, 17 de febrero de 2016

Breville BPR700BSS The Fast Slow Pro, Silver


I purchased this item having no prior pressure cooker experience and not having used a slow cooker for over 15 years. Back in the day I had a very basic crockpot which had used many times. This recent cold winter gave me the desire to expand my cooking capabilities. I definitely wanted something to let me do a slow cooking to make chilli's and other amazing dishes that I could set and forget - but the fact that this item is a dual purpose pressure cooker also interested me.

One of the main selling point for me was the beautiful display that it has - its large, easy to read and displays many pieces of information and being a little bit of a tech nerd I really liked the informative display and the color of the display - it looks cool and isn't a low quality basic count down timer like so many others models have.

The build quality of this product seems very substantial I suspect it will last me for many years the handles on the side are attached securely the dials are very nice the hinge is quality as well. The top lid comes apart very easily for cleaning.

While I have only use this product twice once to make chili and today I'm making beef stew so far I'm very much liking this product I do have a couple other Breville products, a microwave, toaster and food processor and they all have been performing very well over the last year so I would only expect the same from this product.

I hope to use the pressure cooker aspect of this device in the coming weeks to get more familiar with how that works and expand my cooking capabilities so I will update this review at that time related to pressure cooking.

The 6 quart capacity is quite large and will allow you to make dishes for 4 to 7 people easily or as few as one or two people - but it doesn't take up a lot of counter space as you can see in my photos in relation to a toaster and coffee cup.


The Combination Pressure and Slow Cooker That Knows The Time, Temperature and Pressure Different Foods Need Some foods are tender with time, others are tastier under pressure, but how do you know the pressure, temperature and time different foods need ? Its all possible with the 'Fast Slow Pro' a multicore with pressure and slow cook menus that automatically adjust time, temperature and pressure between fast and slow cooking. Dual sensors at the top and bottom monitor ingredients for more accurate temperature and pressure control, while the hands free steam release automatically varies across foods to maximize flavor and texture. So now you can pressure cook, slow cook, steam, reduce, sauté and sear with the press of a button and you can rely on the fully interactive LCD to tell you when its building pressure, cooking and releasing steam.


  • Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
  • Color changing LCD tells you when the cooker is pressurizing, cooking or releasing steam
  • 3-Way Safety System-safety locking lid, automatic hands-free steam release, safety valve
  • 11 pressure cook settings plus a custom setting to suit your favorite recipes
  • Keep Warm function turns on after cooking so food is ready to serve when you are
  • Removable cooking bowl with PTFE and PFOA free ceramic coating