miércoles, 17 de febrero de 2016

Instant Pot IP-LUX50 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 5Qt/900W, Stainless Steel Cooking Pot and Exterior


After excited anticipation, the last thing I wanted to see was a C6 error and all the lights flashing. Nothing on the web about this error. Nothing in the INSTANTPOT FAQ. Called Customer Service and they assured me it is a KNOWN PROBLEM, easy to fix, and I could do it myself. Based on their statistics, about 500 people should have seen the same error. But there was nothing published. HMMMM!!! The Customer Service rep would not tell me the fix (two steps) over the phone. Go to the INSTANTPOT.COM customer support page and open a ticket. Next day a detailed full color email came. The problem was not the same, but I managed to determine the leads for the pressure sensor were not connected. And I got an look at the insides, in my opinion, it is not robust.

A month later, and about 100 meals, I am a satisfied owner.

I was concerned about the size, but it was needless. I'm actually kind of glad because it's so good I am eating too much! (leftovers to the neighbors who think it's all good) I've cooked 5# chickens, 6# roasts, perfection every time. Seafood and Soups are the best I've ever had. Every cooking cycle has been used many times. When using a recipe book, I use that, even if it's almost double; for example, the corned beef 3# went 50 mins, but it was moist and tender. PERFECT! My four favorites; Miss Vicky's Rice Pudding, Bob Warden's Whole Bird, Bob Warden's two cola pork roast. and Chicken Stock (because it improves everything you cook in it). Hot pork sandwiches from the two cola pork roast are addicting! Be sure to double the gravy, it's that good. BTW, Steamed veggies only take three minutes, crispy crunch 2, and use the quick cool down, then into ice water. More, or using the natural cool down method, and you get veggie mush. Red beans and rice, so good you'll go into a coma

I am on the fence about the Slow Cooker cycle. I made eggplant Lasagna where the top 1/3 was not hot. Granted it was a little above the 2/3 level, after 4 hours the noodles were done, veggies done, cheese melted, but overall it was warm. I am going to try again with a smaller batch, and will post my results

I have never done pressure cooked desserts before, but my results have been excellent. Moist Brownies, Cheesecakes, cakes, Puddings, all were off the chart. Even a coconut creme pie. I do suggest using the pot in pot method (creates a ban' Marie) or the bottom will probably scorch. I put water in both places

Why 5 stars? It cooks better than excellent. Haven't used my oven in a month (no more oven cleaning!!!)where cleaup on the stainless steel cooking pot is a breeze. The Customer Service issue was resolved quickly and the others may be due to user error. I will buy another if this one fails. And your friends will get tired of you always praising your InstantPot!


Instant pot is the next generation electric pressure cooker designed by Canadians specifically for north American consumers. It speeds up cooking by 2~~6 times using up to 70% less energy, and, above all, produces nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent fashion. Instant pot ip-lux50 is a 6-in-1 programmable cooker combining the functions of a pressure cooker, sauté/browning, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer and warmer. The latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor greatly improve cooking result, maintain consistence and enhance safety. Your favorite dishes are within the reach of pressing a button with 10 built-in programs and 3 adjustable modes. 3 temperatures in sauté for browning or thickening, and 3 temperatures in slow cook to complete the tasks of a common slow cooker. It also works as a perfect porridge maker allowing you wake up with a fresh made porridge. Instant pot cuts the cooking time and energy consumption by up to 70%. It also preserves the nutrition and flavors in natural ingredients. Instant pot produces almost no noise nor steam, and is truly a kitchen-friendly appliance. The stainless steel inner pot leaves no health concerns of non-stick coating residual. The brushed stainless steel exterior is finger print proof. Instant pot is the must-have cooking appliance in your fast-paced, health-oriented and green-conscious life style. Instructions, recipe and cooking time table in English, Spanish, French and Chinese are included.


  • Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
  • 6-In-1 multi-functional cooker (pressure cooker, sauté/browning, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer & warmer). Large, easy to use control panel
  • 10 built-in smart programs: meat/stew, sauté, poultry, soup, bean/chili, congee, steam, multigrain, rice and slow cook with 3 adjustable modes
  • 10 proven safety mechanisms: UL & ULC certified. Safe; latest 3rd generation technology; convenient and dependable
  • Delay cooking timer: up to 24-hour; Automatic keep-warm; Manual setting: up to 120 minute cook time; 3 temperatures for sauté/browning and slow cook
  • 5Qt 3-ply stainless steel cooking pot, stainless steel steaming rack